Friday, September 16, 2016

Morning Wonder

I Go Down To The Shore

I go down to the shore in the morning
and depending on the hour the waves
are rolling in or moving out,
and I say, oh, I am miserable,
what shall—
what should I do? And the sea says
in its lovely voice:
Excuse me, I have work to do.” 
― Mary OliverA Thousand Mornings

Morning Wonder #1


Morning Wonder #2

It's #International Dot Day-Let's Celebrate!


Morning Wonder #3

The fabulous author team of Janet Wong and Sylvia Vardell capture the essence of #poetry love in their newest book, Just You Wait, a unique text in verse for middle school students. The book, a mini-poetry activity/journal/notebook allows students to become familiar with poetry as they learn alongside three delightful characters. Each of the 12 powerpacks introduce a power play activity, an outside poem, a response poem from one of the three characters of the book, a mentor text, and Power2You writing prompt. This book makes poetry engaging and accessible to all tween/teen readers. 

When Janet graciously offered to send me a copy of the book, she also sent me a second one for the regional meeting of literacy leaders on Long Island that I facilitated this morning. Since I am excited about the new book as a learning tool, it was easy to talk about its usage in the ELA classroom. All educators at the meeting received an information sheet provided by Janet and Sylvia and one lucky administrator won You Just Wait and another The Poetry Friday Anthology of Celebrations



Morning Wonder #4


I am always eager to try out a new photo app that is recommended so I went into my store of nature photography and found one that is quite appropriate. I am leaving for a family trip to Las Vegas where the temperatures will be soaring into the nineties so summer heat is still on my mind. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy morning wonders. 

Stay tuned for the unveiling of Summerscapes when I return from my mini-cation. I most likely will be off the grid this week while traveling. 

Now to join the Poetry Friday Round-up, I turn to my colleague, Michelle H. Barnes at Today's Little Ditty. Michelle has created a septercet for Jane Yolen's septercet challenge.

Find out more about Poetry Friday HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment