Thursday, March 9, 2017

March Musings 9: Pancakes for Dinner

I am in the habit of coming up with spur of the moment plans so when I invited my husband out for a quick dinner, a quizzical look appeared on his face.

"Let's go to IHOP. It is National Pancake Day."
"I just ate lunch."
"Why not go for dinner?"
"Pancakes for dinner?"

And that is how a new tradition was formed. At five o'clock, off we went to IHOP to celebrate National Pancake Day*, thanks to Twitter for sharing the advertisement. 

"I can't remember the last time I had pancakes smothered in boysenberry syrup."
"I remember Grandma used to make me pancakes when I was little with a Mickey Mouse cutter."
"I can't finish my pancakes."
"Delicious!"
"Aren't you glad I knew it was National Pancake Day?"
"I guess we weren't the only ones who got the message!"

Pancakes for dinner was such a treat for my family 
and it appeared to be for many others too.

The digital #imagepoem was created by app smashing  PicMonkey and Canva.



*IHOP graciously offered free pancakes to all those who graced their restaurant on March 7th, National Pancake Day. Thanks, @IHOP.






This post is the 9th in the series titled March Musings for Two Writing Teachers' March Slice of Life Story Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment