Saturday, January 20, 2018

Celebrating Winter Together

"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is time for home." -Edith Sitwell

Sitwell's quote reminds me that winter is the time of year for stepping back and enjoying the warmth of family and fremily togetherness. It is the time to look inside, enjoy moments of solitude but also the time to let JanYOUary shape our winter lives. Make the most of winter! It is our launching pad for one word goals to propel our 2018 dreams and hopes.

Photo by Devin Hartnett, West Virginia


NOTICE
unblemished snow,
winter's whitened creation,
artistry in motion, that quietly enters,
inviting all travelers to linger in solitude,
savor the beauty of untouched paths.
Listen to nature's calling, awakening
life to hushed stillness and peace.
WONDER in silent tribute as
 frosted trees celebrate
a world tucked in
 tranquility and
hope.

©CVarsalona, 2018


Tomorrow, I look forward to a winter walk exploring Manhattan with my family. Who knows what sights and sounds I will find because New York City in winter is a happening. May your weekend be filled with winter magic and celebrations of life. I am off now to Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres and her community of writers. Join me.



News:
This week I will invite all to create alongside me for my newest gallery, Winter Wonderland. This is everyone's chance to voice positive thoughts about  the season of winter, whatever it may look like in your locale. You can see some of the digitals that have been gathering for this year's winter gallery at #WinterWonderland18❄️ and visit last year's winter gallery here.

No comments:

Post a Comment